Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a recipe I developed after trying the gazpacho at Casa Botin in Madrid. One of our favorite hot weather meals!
- 1 1⁄2 cups V8 vegetable juice (The Spicy variety is good)
- 1⁄2 cucumber, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 small onion, cut into chunks
- 1 tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 5 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- green peppers (as desired for garnish) or red peppers (as desired for garnish) or cucumbers (as desired for garnish) or croutons (as desired for garnish) or hard-boiled eggs (as desired for garnish) or tomatoes (as desired for garnish)
- Put all ingredients except tomato juice in blender and process until fairly smooth.
- Pour into large bowl and stir in tomato juice.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Dice desired garnishes, put into small serving bowls, and let each person add whatever garnishes they like.