Can't recall where I got this recipe many years ago, but I've double & tripled the recipe at times to made it for weddings & special gatherings, & it's always a hit! And the recipe can be varied by using a different flavor of pudding! Preparation time does not include time needed to chill.
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 (17 ounce) can fruit cocktail, well drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, well drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks, well drained
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flakes (optional)
- With electric mixer, carefully beat Cool Whip, sugar & sour cream until stiff.
- Add instant pudding & milk, & continue beating.
- When well blended, add drained fruit.
- Pour into clear serving bowl & chill.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle coconut over pudding.