Recipe by Sydney Mike
Can't recall where I got this recipe many years ago, but I've double & tripled the recipe at times to made it for weddings & special gatherings, & it's always a hit! And the recipe can be varied by using a different flavor of pudding! Preparation time does not include time needed to chill.
Top Review by True Texas
A wonderful and truely unique fruit salad. I made for our Christmas dinner and everyone loved it. I made as directed except I did not use as much Cool Whip as it called for. Next time I will cut it down even more, and just use 1 8oz tub. I also used 2 cans of fruit cocktail instead of 1. I added the coconut in with the fruit instead of putting it on top. I especially love the butterscotch flavor, so I recomend using that flavor. Will be making again for sure! UPDATE!!! I made this again for Christmas dinner and this time I used Coconut Cream pudding and left out the coconut in the salad, wow it was wonderful. I so love this recipe and the coconut pudding made the coconut just perfect for those who do not care that much for the coconut taste. Excellent!!
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 (17 ounce) can fruit cocktail, well drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, well drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks, well drained
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- With electric mixer, carefully beat Cool Whip, sugar & sour cream until stiff.
- Add instant pudding & milk, & continue beating.
- When well blended, add drained fruit.
- Pour into clear serving bowl & chill.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle coconut over pudding.