Chicken Mango Stir Fry
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 large mango, sliced thin
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced thin
- 1 red pepper, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli (flowers and stems)
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, peeled minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- cornstarch (optional)
- Prepare all ingredients in advance: mince the ginger and garlic, slice the mango, green onions, red pepper, and chicken, and cut the broccoli into flowers and stems.
- Juice the lime, and combine the juice with the soy sauce, orange juice, and chili flakes.
- Steam the broccoli until just tender.
- Stir fry chicken in sesame oil until no longer pink in the center.
- Add the ginger and garlic, and stir fry for 1-2 more minutes.
- Add the red pepper, broccoli, and soy sauce mixture, and stir fry for about 3 minutes, until the pepper starts to soften.
- Add the mango and continue to stir fry until the mango is heated through.
- Stir in the green onions, and add some cornstarch to thicken the sauce, if desired.
- I like to serve this over brown rice or barley.
Join The Conversation