Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A simple and sweet dessert, great for company or potlucks!
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In bowl combine cake ingredients; mix well.
- Pour into greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- For frosting, in mixing bowl combine frosting ingredients; beat until smooth.
- Frost cake.
This is a great recipe, so quick to throw together! This cake is moist and tasty. I topped mine with toasted coconut.
The pineapple flavor in this cake is really wonderful! I love that you don't have to discard the juice in this recipe - instead, it makes it really moist and tasty. I actually found the surface to be very tender. I also tried adding a drained 8-oz can of crushed pineapple to the cream cheese frosting, and I thought it was a pleasant addition.