Strawberry Tiramisu Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is an elegant cake that is sure to please. If you like strawberries, you will LOVE this delicious cake! Great for company or anytime your sweet tooth kicks in!
- Ready In:
Double Strawberry Sauce
- 24 ounces ripe strawberries, hulled and sliced (2 pints)
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry jam
- 8 ounces cream cheese or 8 ounces mascarpone, softened
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons Grand Marnier or 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 angel food cake (6-8-inch round)
For Double Strawberry Sauce:
- Puree 1 1/4 cups of the sliced strawberries with the strawberry jam. Refrigerate until serving time.
- Beat together the cheese, 1/3 cup confectionary sugar and 1 T. liqueur, until well blended and smooth.
- In a separate bowl beat cream, remaining 2 T. sugar, and 2 T. liqueur, until soft peaks form. Fold 1/2 cup of this into the cheese.
- With a serrated knife, cut cake in thirds horizontally.
- Drizzle each layer with 1 T. of the remaining liqueur.
- Spread bottom layer with one third of the cheese filling.
- Cover with one third of the sliced strawberries.
- Top with middle cake layer.
- Spread with half of the remaining filling and sliced strawberries.
- Add remaining cake layer.
- Top with remaining filling, and sliced.
- Frost cake with remaining whipped cream.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours, or up to 24 hours before serving.
- Cut cake with a serrated knife.
- Serve each slice with sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This caught my eye when it was posted and knew I had to make it just on the name alone! I made with mascarpone cheese and Grand Marnier, but I bet it would be just as good with the cream cheese and orange juice. I made when company coming and it really impressed everyone. We had a huge dinner but everyone saved room for dessert when they found out what I was having. To heck with regular Tiramisu! We liked this one MUCH better. Another outstanding recipe here Linda!Reply
I made this for dessert for Easter and it was a huge hit at my house. It came out perfect and was even more delicious then we expected! If your looking for something different and extremely delicious make this incredible cake. You won't be disappointed! Excellent choice for the holidays, or along with any Italian dinner as well.Reply
see 1 more