photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar; beat until fluffy. Add eggs, beat until smooth.
- Alternately add flour mixture and reserved pineapple juice to egg mixtgure, beating at low speed after each addition, just until combined. Fold in pinapple.
- Spread batter in a greased 13x9x2 inch baking pan or dish. In a small bowl combine brown sugar, pecans, and coconut. Sprinkle over batter; bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven about 35 minutes or until center is firm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yummy...thank you so much for sharing your excellent recipe, this recipe makes a soft, tender, moist cake, with a crunchy sweet, crumbling topping. My dh's eyes fell out of his head when he first saw this wonderful cake. This cake is even better the next day. The cake is a little firmer and the pineapple flavor is deeper. I omitted the pecans because of dhs allergies. Made for Whats on the Menu tag game.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>A Very Happy Stay At Home Mom!!!! I have a soon to be 11year old that lives with his dad, his name is JayJay, and 3 living at home with me, and 1 on the way....I'm lovin' life! Ashton will be 8 in January, he's the smartest kid I know! Wrylie will be 6 in February and he's got more passion and caring in his little pinkie than most adults I know!!! And my very personal pride and joy Hennessey. She was born on the 27th of September 2007 and she's my little dollbaby. I love being at home with my children..love paying for ALL the stuff my 2nd grader brings home...soccer fees, and basketball fees, and book orders...I love cartin' my kindergartner around, and then coming home and cuddlin' with my little girl, and shopping for her favorite thing...shoes. My husband and I are as tight as 2 people can be, and I hate it when he leaves for work and can't wait until the clock strikes 4:30 because I know that means he's on his way home. Life is good. I couldn't ask for more.</p>