Cook1 hr 15 mins
A moist and delicious alternative to cake, made with healthy, fresh pumpkin. Canned pumpkin fills the key ingredient, but fresh is much better tasting! I always omit the nuts.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar or 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar or 1⁄2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend, packed
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin, mashed or 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray standard size loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine sugars, pumpkin, oil, vanilla extract, water, and eggs.
- Sift together dry ingredients. Slowly add to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- BUNDT: Double recipe. (My personal preference.) Drizzle with a 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, and 1/2 cup butter glaze. Melt sugar in butter. Add nuts and drizzle over top of cooled bundt bread.
- MUFFINS: Recipe makes 18 muffins. Reduce baking time to 35 minutes.
- Freezable for a quick, healthy alternative for dessert.