Butternut Squash Bread
This recipe was originally designed to be made from either squash or pumpkin, after a few pour reviews, I discovered canned pumpkin to be too heavy, so I'm omitting the substitution of pumpkin puree. I make this bread every year and hope others with buttenut in their garden will give it a try.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant pudding mix (vanilla, lemon, coconut, etc.)
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup butternut squash (cooked and mashed)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place flour, soda, salt, spices and dry pudding mix in bowl.
- Beat eggs well in another bowl, add oil, sugar, squash and vanilla to beaten eggs.
- Combine squash mixture with flour mixture by hand. Mix until just moist.
- Stir in chopped nuts.
- Pour into greased large loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or till knife comes out clean.