Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from a newspaper clipping.
- 907.18 g fettuccine
- 453.59 g asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 14.79 ml butter
- 226.79 g mushrooms, sliced
- 473.18 ml heavy cream
- 473.18 ml half-and-half cream
- 236.59 ml fresh lemon juice
- 473.18 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 2.46 ml nutmeg, ground
- 2.46 ml salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 453.59 g shrimp, cooked and peeled
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions, making the addition of the asparagus during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute mushrooms until tender, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine cream, half-n-half, and lemon juice in another large, deep skillet or Dutch oven. Cook over medium heat about 3 minutes. Add pasta and asparagus and stir to coat. Add cheese, then season with nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste, continuing to stir until sauce thickens slightly, about 1 minute. Remove from heat; add shrimp and mushrooms. Serve warm.
Decadent meal for something so very easily prepared!! The asparagus lends pleasing contrast to the rich sauce. I liked the mushrooms but might not bother with them another time, this stands well with shrimp and asparagus alone. Made and enjoyed for PRMR tag game, thank you threeovens