Sauteed Asparagus and Mushrooms
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, cut in half lengthwise
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon dried thyme (depending how much you like the herb)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, finely shredded (optional)
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus and cut into 1 inch pieces. Set aside.
- Cook green onions in olive oil over med. high heat, stirring constantly, for one minute.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add asparagus, mushrooms, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lemon rind and cheeses.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
...bring it on! I'll try just about anything! LOVE recipes from other countries, especially Japan.