1 hr 10 mins
If you like feta cheese, you'll like this. Another winner from FC.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 lbs chicken pieces, rinsed,patted dry
- kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth or 1/2 cup water
- 18 small unpitted green olives
- 1Oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a small bowl, mix the feta, butter, rosemary and pepper to taste together.
- 3Using your fingers and a spoon, push the feta mixture under the skin of the chicken parts (except the wing), being gentle to avoid ripping the skin.
- 4Put some stuffing under the tenderloin portion of the breast.
- 5Season all parts well with salt and pepper.
- 6Heat an oven-proof dutch oven or a very deep oven proof skillet over medium heat until it's very hot.
- 7Add the olive oil and sear the chicken pieces, skin side down, until the skin is golden brown, about 4 minutes per piece.
- 8Transfer the chicken to a plate, drain off the fat, and deglaze the pan with the wine and the broth.
- 9Return the chicken to the pan (skin side up), add the olives, and put the skillet in the oven.
- 10Bake until the juices run clear when pricked with a fork, about 40 minutes.
- 11Transfer the chicken and olives to a warm plate.
- 12Boil the juices over high heat until they reduce and thicken enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 4 minutes.
- 13Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve with orzo or some other small pasta shape.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Feta Stuffed Chicken with Green Olives
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.5
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 179.1 mg
- Sodium 407.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 42.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: