Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
If you like feta cheese, you'll like this. Another winner from FC.
Make and share this Feta Stuffed Chicken with Green Olives recipe from Food.com.
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 lbs chicken pieces, rinsed,patted dry
- kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth or 1⁄2 cup water
- 18 small unpitted green olives
- Oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix the feta, butter, rosemary and pepper to taste together.
- Using your fingers and a spoon, push the feta mixture under the skin of the chicken parts (except the wing), being gentle to avoid ripping the skin.
- Put some stuffing under the tenderloin portion of the breast.
- Season all parts well with salt and pepper.
- Heat an oven-proof dutch oven or a very deep oven proof skillet over medium heat until it's very hot.
- Add the olive oil and sear the chicken pieces, skin side down, until the skin is golden brown, about 4 minutes per piece.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate, drain off the fat, and deglaze the pan with the wine and the broth.
- Return the chicken to the pan (skin side up), add the olives, and put the skillet in the oven.
- Bake until the juices run clear when pricked with a fork, about 40 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken and olives to a warm plate.
- Boil the juices over high heat until they reduce and thicken enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 4 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve with orzo or some other small pasta shape.
I love both feta cheese and chicken, so a recipe that combines both just can't go wrong. This one was better than great - beautiful in appearance and wonderfully flavorful! I took your suggestion, PetitFour, and served it with orzo - a great combination. The only change I would make next time is to brown the chicken in my nonstick skillet. The stainless skillet did make a wonderfully brown sauce, but the chicken skin stuck slightly and spilled some of the feta. Thanks for a GREAT recipe!