Feta Stuffed Pesto Chicken
- Ready In:
- 5 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1⁄2 a diced tomato
- 2 tablespoons diced onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup pesto sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- In a bowl, combine feta, tomato, onion, garlic, jalapeno, oregano, basil salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into the fatest part of each breast and create a pocket. Be careful not to cut straight through.
- Put the pesto in a large ziplock bag and place the chicken in with it. Mix it around until the chicken is thoroughly coated.
- Place the coated chicken in a greased glass pan.
- Stuff the feta mix into the pockets of each chicken breast.
- Arrange the chicken so the openings of the pockets are on an angle (facing upward) so once they start baking the mix doesn't ooze out.
- Cook for 45 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!