Mediterranean Chicken Breasts With Tomatoes and Olives
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is very yummy and makes a good weeknight meal. I serve it with short-grain brown rice with olive oil and grated parmesan cheese and a green vegetable.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove (about 2 cloves)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with their liquid
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped (or use green olives)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or 1 tbsp. fresh)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or 1 tbsp. fresh)
- In a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet, heat the tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and saute until it is browned on all sides and just cooked through (about 7-10 minutes). Remove chicken and place on a plate.
- Add the teaspoons of olive oil and the onions to the pan, and cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Add the tomatoes olives, oregano and basil and cook the sauce for 5-8 more minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook until it is heated through.
- Put the chicken on plates (over rice if desired), and spoon the sauce equally over the chicken.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION