Cooking Light's Feta-Stuffed Chicken
- Ready In:
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese with dried basil and tomato
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons margarine, melted
- 3 cups torn spinach
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4" thickness, using a meat mallet or tolling pin.
- Dredge chicken in breadcrumbs.
- Spoon 1 Tbs cheese onto each piece of chicken; fold chicken in half Place folded breast halves in a 8" square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Drizzle melted margarine over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered at 400F for 25 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Combine spinach and basil in a bowl, drizzle with vinegar and oil.
- Sprinkle pepper over salad; toss well.
- Serve chicken over salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Las Vegas. I was lucky enough to run into Recipezaar around Nov. 2000 and got hooked quickly. I am a cookbook collector and have been collecting recipes for as long as I can remember. My DH had to build in shelves for all my cookbooks! I like to dabble with OAMC and for a few years hosted the Budget/OAMC forum with some great people over there. Even though I don't work in the forum any longer I've set up a lot of cookbooks for the purpose of OAMC and stretching food that might be helpful. Please feel free to check them out! I go on food jags and cooking jags! Please come say hi to me and chat on facebook. I currently host a blog for saving money through finding deals and coupons if you are interested. Most of the time I try to cook and have a good dinner on the table but I'll be honest enough to say there is still fast food occasionally in the budget! I have had such wonderful support here whenever I need it. Thank you all for being here! Just a quick note on how I rate recipes: ? 5 stars - This recipe is perfect. (My DH is truly a critic and doesn't give 5's unless it's amazing) I would recommend it to others and would definitely make again. ? 4 stars - This recipe was good but I would change something in it next time. ? 3 stars - This is a recipe I would not make again but it was OK ? 2 stars - This recipe I would not make again and we didn't like it at all ? 1 star - This recipes did not work out/taste was unappealing and wouldn't make again