Spinach & Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Delicious meets healthy in the calorie friendly main dish. The credit goes to a recipe card picked up at the farmer's market. Only 15 minutes prep time and 20 minutes cook time. If you want, you can prep it and chill, popping it in the oven up to 2 days later. Hope you enjoy this one.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups lightly packed spinach (approx 4 oz)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1.25 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- chopped parsley (optional)
- addtional feta (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In saucepan, cook spinach and garlic til spinach is tender; drain; set aside.
- Place chicken breasts between 2 peices of plastic wrap. Pound with mallet to 1/4" thickness. Remove from wrap.
- Spoon 1/4 of spinach and garlic mix onto center ofeach chicken breast; top with 1 TB of the feta. Fold long sides in, then roll up from the short end. Secure with wooden toothpicks. Coat chicken with non-stick cooking spray or brush with olive oil; sprinkle with lemon pepper and oregano.
- Transfer chicken to shallow baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes or til chicken is no longer pink (170°F). If desired, top with chopped parsley and additional crumbled feta.