Recipe by seahorse73
The name says it all!
Top Review by Cleo & Cassie's Mom
Didn't have the runniness problem of another reviewer. They were a slightly sticky, but once rolled in the confectioners sugar they were quite easy to handle. Let them set for 24 hours in the refrigerators. Everyone raved about these at work. There were a lot of happy people around here that day!
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 cup dark rum
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 1⁄2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Into a large bowl, sift together 1 cup of the confectioners' sugar, the cocoa powder and allspice.
- Stir in the rum and corn syrup.
- Stir in the vanilla wafers and walnuts, and mix well.
- Place in the refrigerator to firm up slightly, about 30 minutes.
- (The mixture may appear crumbly and dry; this is O. K.) Place the remaining 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar in a shallow bowl or dish.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out portions of the chocolate mixture and press into 1-inch balls.
- Using your hands, roll the balls in the confectioners' sugar, coating evenly.
- Place on a baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, placing waxed paper between the layers to prevent sticking.