Danish Rum Balls
photo by Krimar
- Ready In:
- 6 cups quick oats
- 1 cup dark rum
- 1⁄2 lb margarine or 1/2 lb butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups cocoa
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 cups coarse sugar
- Grind Oakmeal in food processor and set aside.
- Mix Rum and Cocoa to a thick paste. (If you don't want to make it with rum you can use milk. just add 1 tbsp Rum Extract.).
- In a mixer, add Soft Margarine (or Butter) ,sugar ,cocoa, Rum and Almond extract and mix well.
- While Mixing add ground oatmeal slowly till mixed together. let mixer run run for 5 minute till totally mixed.
- Cover and place in fridge for 2 days. This is important so it can thicken.
- After 2 days let stand till room temperature before rolling.
- On a plate pour coarse sugar and spread ( you can use colored sugar too or any sprinkle type of sugar for festive color ).
- Roll the balls in sugar until totally covered.
- You can store them in cookie tins or tupperwares. Put wax paper between levels stacks. you can put into small bag a gifts. ! Freeze until you need them.
- I dare you not eat one of them while rolling. I can't. But i'm weak.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!