Christmas Rum Balls(Or Bourbon Balls)
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups vanilla wafers, crushed (a 250g box of Christies vanilla wafers equals 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 1⁄4 cups icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup spiced rum (the rum is called Spiced Rum) or 1/2 cup Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons white corn syrup (one brand is Karo)
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts, broken
- Sift the cocoa with 1 cup sugar.
- Stir in the spiced rum mixed with the syrup.
- Add crushed vanilla wafers and nuts.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Shape mixture into walnut sizes balls and dredge with remaining sugar or leave them plain.
- Store in a tin.
Join The Conversation