Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious pate that can be made in no time (provided you have the liverwurst on hand). Very handy for unexpected company. It needs to be chilled for 1-2 hours before serving.
- 1 lb good-quality liverwurst
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup minced pitted black olives
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
Assorted raw vegetables
- carrots or zucchini or mushrooms or tomatoes or celery or broccoli or cauliflower floret
- In a bowl, mix liverwurst with cream cheese and butter until soft and fluffy.
- Fold in olives and garlic.
- Place into serving bowl and chill.
- Cut the vegetables into desired pieces: slice the carrots and zucchini on the diagonal; remove stems from the mushrooms and flute caps; cut tomatoes into wedges; chunk celery; separate broccoli or cauliflower flowerets.
- Wrap and chill vegetables.
- Serve pate with vegetables around it.