Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is very easy to make...cooks itself with little work. Has a great beef taste, but not to heavy. You can adjust the ingredients to satisfy your own taste.
- In a skillet on medium to low heat, put roast in a large skillet.
- Pour can of beef broth over beef and add onion and garlic clove.
- Cook for 1 hour until broth is about 1/2 gone.
- After an hour, add Au jus, water, salt and pepper.
- Mix well until Au jus is disolved.
- Add sliced carrots and cook for additional hour until meat and carrots are tender.
- In a separate pan cook noodles until tender and drain.
- Put noodles in a serving dish, cut meat into pieces (should be tender enough to pull apart) and add to noodles.
- Pour remaining liquid from pan over noodles and beef.
- Stir well and serve.
- You can add more of less carrots.
- We like a lot of carrots.
- Also, I like to turn my roast off and let it sit for about 15 minutes in the pan before cutting so it will retain more of the juices.
Excellent meal! Very easy to make and ohhh so good! It really hit the spot on this cold rainy day. I added a little more garlic than stated just for personal taste. Thank you so much for sharing this great recipe, Shannonmc. I hope to try your potato soup in the near future. It looks wonderful!!
I can't believe I haven't reviewed this recipe yet!! I've made it 2 times in the past couple monthes, but my husband was the first to make it for me when I was sick this summer. It is so good!! We like to have mashed potatoes with it, but some people would probably think that is too many carbs for 1 meal (I don't think there is such thing ha ha!) It is really easy, but does take some time. Its a cold wintery Nebraska day today, and will be the perfect supper. Thanks for posting!!
Awesome flavor! I had to cook it about 45 min longer to make the meat tender though. I also added a can of mushrooms the same time I put in the carrots and used a little corn starch and water to thicken at end. I will make this again but next time I will use diet lean stew meat. The chuck roast seemed to be too fatty. I don't like picking through my food to get out the fat.