Recipe by Scandigirl
Comfort food for a cold winters night... This recipe is one of my old ones. I usually serve it once a year, but it is a welcomed one, as my husband LOVES stuffing!
Top Review by Brandi Ranta
I made this last night, just as recipe states. Very good, I'll definately make again. I think I'll jazz the chops alil more then just S&P, and maybe try pineapple in place of the apple,just to play with the recipe. BUT this was great just as is, thanks for posting!
- 6 boneless pork chops, about 1 1/2 lbs.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tart apples, peeled,cored,chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 6 cups herb-seasoned stuffing cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle both sides of chops with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat; brown pork chops in the oil.
- Removed pork chops and set aside.
- Cook onion and celery in the same skillet until onion is tender.
- Add chopped apples and cook another minute.
- Stir in chicken broth and celery soup.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat; stir in stuffing cubes until cubes are moistened.
- Pour stuffing mixture into a lightly greased or sprayed 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Place pork chops on top of stuffing.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until chops are cooked through but still juicy.