Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A healty version not requiring a lot of hard to find ingredients
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 cups onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cooked rice, chilled
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add ginger and garlic. Cook 10 minutes or until browned and crisp, stirring constantly. Remove from pan; set aside.
- Add sliced onion to pan; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook 10 minutes or until soft; stir occasionally. Sprinkle salt over onion; increase heat to medium-high.
- Add rice; cook 4 minutes or until heated, stirring frequently.
- Make a well in center of rice; add eggs, stirring to scramble. Gradually incorporate eggs into rice; stir in ginger mixture, green onions, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
We love this recipe. It is our favorite fried rice and have made no other since trying this!
As stated, easy and simple. Great side dish. Really liked the sesame oil in this.
This was very good and simple. It doesn't have a strong, heavy flavor but I don't think that fried rice was meant to be a meal. Oh, I did have to use dried chives instead of onions and sprinkled some orange zest for additional flavor. Thanks!