Kimchi Fried Rice
This is a simple but delicious version of kimchi fried rice, and a great way to use up leftover rice. You can also add chopped leftover meat or vegetables you have in the refrigerator.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups white rice (or brown rice, preferably made the night before)
- 1 cup kim chee, chopped (kimchi)
- 1⁄4 cup kimchi juice (liquid from the kimchi container)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 -3 tablespoons gochujang
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
- 1 sheet nori, shredded (the Korean ingredient is called gim-gui, a thin roasted seaweed sheet)
- Heat up a wok or pan over medium heat. Add the oil.
- Add kimchi and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add rice, kimchi juice, water, and gochujang. Stir in all ingredients and fry for 6-8 minutes with a wooden spatula.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a small bowl. Push the rice to the side of the wok/pan, then add eggs and quickly use spatula to stir them into small scrambled pieces. Stir the egg pieces into the rest of the rice.
- Add sesame oil and immediately remove wok/pan from heat.
- Sprinkle with green onion, sesame seeds, and seaweed. Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation