(Very) Simple Fried Rice
Note: 1 C uncooked rice = 3 C cooked. It's best to use rice that has been cooked the day before and stored in the refrigerator. Freshly cooked rice is too wet and will result in a soggy mess. I affectionately call this "Rule of 3 Rice" because of all the threes...
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups white rice, previously cooked
- 3 eggs
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄3 cup peas
- 1⁄3 cup carrot, chopped (or 10 baby carrots, chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup corn kernel
- Whip eggs until they are frothy. Scramble, then set aside.
- Steam carrots until slightly soft (about 5 minutes). If using frozen peas & corn, run under hot water to thaw.
- Break up any clumps in the rice. Over medium-high heat, heat oil in a large pan or wok. Add rice and stir for about 1 minute, until heated through. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add soy sauce, garlic, salt & pepper. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add onions, peas, corn, carrots and eggs. Stir-fry for 1 minute, until heated through.