1/1 Photo of Duck Soup With Brown Rice and Yams
2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 35 mins
Duck and rice in a savory broth, offset with the sweetness of yams and green peas. Hearty enough for a main dish. If you can get a large (6 pound) duck, cut off the breast and save it for another recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs duck, cut up or 6 lbs duck, breast removed,reseve for another recipe,cut up
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 8 large fresh sage leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cup long grain brown rice (long cooking style)
- 12 ounces yams, peeled and diced
- 1 cup frozen tiny peas
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1Place duck pieces in a soup pot and brown over medium heat.
- 2Add broth and water, bring to a boil and skim away any scum that forms.
- 3Add onion, celery, carrots, bay and sage leaves, cumin, ginger and thyme.
- 4Bring back to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes.
- 5Remove duck pieces and let cool.
- 6Strain and degrease stock.
- 7Return stock to pan, add rice, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes.
- 8In the meantime, remove duck meat from bones and dice.
- 9Add duck meat and yam to the pot, bring back to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- 10Add peas and simmer 5 minutes or until tender.
- 11Add chopped sage and ladle into soup bowls.
Browse Our Top Duck Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Duck Soup With Brown Rice and Yams
Serving Size: 1 (916 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2254.5
- Calories from Fat 1656
- Total Fat 184.0 g
- Saturated Fat 61.5 g
- Cholesterol 345.0 mg
- Sodium 1741.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.2 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 67.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves