Duck Soup (For Ferrets)
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) can ready-to-use infant formula (High Protein kind) or (8 ounce) can vanilla ensure (High Protein kind)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup cat food or 1/2 cup ferret food, dry
- 1⁄2 cup powdered milk
- Soak dry food in 1/2 cup water and soften it completely.
- When dry food is soft, mash with a fork and mix all ingredients in a 2 quart jar and shake thouroughly. Sometimes I microwave it to the temperature of baby formula.
- Serve about 4 fluid ounces at a time twice daily for maintenance.
- If your little guys are eating too much and you feel they are getting fat, you can increase the amount of water. I have tried increasing the amount of dry food, but if it gets too thick some of them won't eat it.
- This formula also freezes well as the Sustacal must be used within 48 hours if left only in the fridge.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I come from a very Polish family with 5 brothers and a sister. I love to cook just about anything Polish and I'm pretty good at cleaning out the refridgerator and making something worth eating. Just got married on 07/07/07, so I would love to get some Just for 2 dinner menus. Finally enjoying the wonderful California weather. I haven't started baking, but I'm really excited to get back into the contests here. <br> <br><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/adopted_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/beartag_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting> <br><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket> <br><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket> <br><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/1535/CLC2.gif> <br> <br><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket> <br> <br>