Stir-Fried Beef, Broccoli, and Yams
photo by Tim_John
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons packed golden brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1 lb flank steak, cut in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 4 cups broccoli florets (about 8 ounces)
- 8 ounces yams, peeled, cut in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick slices (red-skinned sweet potato)
- 2 teaspoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- Stir first 4 ingredients in small bowl until sugar dissolves. Set sauce aside. Place beef in large bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add cornstarch and toss to coat.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in large wok over high heat. beef mixture; stir-fry until no longer pink outside, about 3 minutes. Transfer beef mixture to medium bowl. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet. Add broccoli, yam, and ginger.
- Toss to coat; sprinkle with salt and pepper.Cover, reduce heat to medium-high, and cook until vegetables are just tender, about 5 minutes. Add beef mixture. Toss until sauce coats beef, about 1 minute.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!