1/1 Photo of Dried Cherry Almond Bread
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe was found in the 2009 Betty Crocker cookbooklet, Fall Baking, & makes for a festive holiday loaf. Preparation time does not include time needed for loaf to cool completely.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE BREAD
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 (5 1/2 ounce) bags dried cherries
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups slivered almonds
FOR THE GLAZE
- 1FOR THE BREAD ~ In a medium bowl, pour boiling water over dried cherries & let stand 20 minutes, then pat dry with paper towels.
- 2Preheat oven to 325 degrees F, then spray a 9"x5" loaf pan with with a baking-spray-with-flour.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, beat brown sugar & softened butter with electric mixer on medium speed until well mixed.
- 4Beat in eggs & the 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract, then carefully stir in the flour, baking powder & salt just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 5Stir in almonds & cherries, then pour into prepared loaf pan.
- 6Bake 70 to 80 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean & top is dark golden brown.
- 7Cool 10 minutes in the pan on a wire rack, then loosen the sides of the loaf from the pan & remove the bread, placing it top side up on a wire rack. Let it cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 8FOR THE GLAZE ~ In a small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth, then drizzle over cooled bread.
- 9Wrap tightly & store at room temperature.
- 10When ready to serve, cut loaf into 12 slices & then cut each of those slices in half.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dried Cherry Almond Bread
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.1
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 27.8 mg
- Sodium 81.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: