Recipe by Cookin' in Texas
An herb-studded pork roast wears a coat of crunchy bread crumbs and a sweet and-tangy mustard & currant jelly sauce.
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, minced, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, minced, crushed
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs boneless pork loin roast
- 1⁄2 cup red currant jelly
- 1⁄4 cup dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup Swanson chicken broth (regular, Natural Goodness or Certified Organic)
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs, fresh
- vegetable oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix rosemary, parsley and thyme. Cut small slits into surface of roast and stuff herb mixture into slits. Place in roasting pan. Roast at 325°F for 1 hours.
- Mix jelly, mustard, cornstarch and broth in saucepan. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens. Spoon about 1/4 cup broth mixture over roast. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and spray with cooking spray.
- Roast 45 minute or until done. Let stand 10 minute Serve with remaining broth mixture.