1/4 Photos of Dijon Chicken with Panko Crust
Barb Gertz's Note:
This is a very good and tasty recipe, takes only 30 minutes to prepare. Panko is available in well-stocked supermarkets and Asian grocery stores. The recipe comes from Sunset.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced or pressed
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (japanese-style bread crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1In a large bowl, whisk together butter, mustard and garlic.
- 2In another bowl, mix panko crumbs, parmesan cheese and parsley.
- 3One at a time, turn chicken breast in butter mixture to coat completely;(If chicken breast are very thick it is good to pound them;) dip rounded side of the chicken breast in panko mixture.
- 4Place breast crumb side up in a 10-by 15-inch baking pan, sprayed with non-sick cooking spray.
- 5Bake chicken in a 500 degree oven crumbs are golden and breast are no longer pink in center of thickest part (cut to test),about 15 minutes, may take longer, depending on the size of the breast.
- 6Serve with Dijon sauce: Dijon Sauce: In a bowl mix mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, sesame oil and soy sauce: makes 3/4 cup sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dijon Chicken with Panko Crust
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 588.9
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 191.3 mg
- Sodium 1159.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 54.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: