Recipe by thepurpleturtle
Too Die For! I LOVE this stuff!
Top Review by Kelly-Mom2Girls
Made this as a Thanksgiving appetizer. It was very tasty but too "cream cheesy" to me. I think you are onto something here but I think I'll fiddle with the recipe... More mushrooms, less cream cheese, a little white wine and more garlic? Thanks for posting!
- 4 slice bacon, fried crisp and chopped (reserve 1 tbsp bacon fat)
- 14.79 ml butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 garlic clove, crushed
- 226.79 g mushroom, finely sliced
- 29.58 ml flour
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- 0.25 ml pepper
- 226.79 g cream cheese, cut in pieces
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2.46 ml Dijon mustard
- 118.29 ml sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and garlic in butter and bacon fat for 1 minute. Add mushrooms and cook until most liquid is gone.
- Add flour, pepper, cream cheese, sauces and mustard. Stir until cheese melts.
- Remove from heat, add sour cream and bacon.
- Pack in shallow oven dish. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Serve with crackers or slices of french baguette.