Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From WW Simply Delicious. Serving size: 1 cup chicken mixture and 1/2 cup rice mixture. Per serving: 342 calories, 6 g fat, 62 mg cholesterol, 42 mg carb, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein; 7 points.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 granny smith apple, unpeeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup mango chutney
- 1⁄4 cup currants
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 cups cooked white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil; add in the chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Stir/saute for about 6 minutes or until browned; transfer to a plate.
- Add in the apple, onion, ginger, and garlic to the skillet.
- Cook for about 6 minutes or until the apple and onion are tender.
- Stir in the curry powder; cook 1 minute.
- Add in the chicken, chutney, currants, broth, half-and-half, and parsley; bring to a boil.
- Simmer, uncovered, for about 3 minutes or until the flavors are blended and the sauce thickens slightly.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Serve over rice.