Recipe by Sooz Cooks
Easy and super good for our lower carb diet. Serve with your favorite LC veggie on the side or for non-low carbers you can serve the sauce over rice or pasta.
- 6 thick boneless pork chops (3/4- to 1-inch) or 6 country ribs (3/4- to 1-inch) or 6 pork steaks (3/4- to 1-inch)
- garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces fresh button mushrooms, whole
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper and garlic powder to taste.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add pork chops; brown on both sides.
- Remove chops and place in the bottom of a 3 1/2-quart or larger slow cooker/Crock Pot.
- Add chicken broth to the skillet and stir, loosening browned bits as you stir. Stir in the mushrooms and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add the alfredo sauce, parmesean cheese and thyme to skillet and stir well (no need to cook this just stir until blended).
- Pour Alfredo sauce and mushrooms over the chops.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.