1/2 Photos of Crock Pot Chicken Chowder
3 hrs 10 mins
Roxygirl in Colorado's Note:
This creamy soup is a true comfort dish for my family.It has a similar flavor to a chicken pot pie. If you are lucky enough to have some chopped chicken cooked/frozen, this can be put together unbelievably quick! This is extra good when garnished with croutons.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml butter
- 680.38 g chicken tenders, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 473.18 ml frozen corn or 473.18 ml canned corn
- 2 (609.51 g) can cream of potato soup or 2 (609.51 g) can cream of celery soup or 2 (609.51 g) can cream of chicken soup
- 354.88 ml chicken broth
- 4.92 ml dried dill
- 118.29 ml half-and-half (can use milk)
- 2I use pre-cooked or frozen chicken, I boil the onion, celery, and carrots first(not the corn) and then throw them in the crock-pot.If I am cooking the chicken tenders, I throw the veggies in the pan afterwards, and saute. If the veggies and chicken are pre-cooked, you only have to wait until soup is fully heated.
- 3Melt butter in large skillet.
- 4Add chicken and cook until browned.
- 5Add cooked chicken, onions, celery, carrots, corn, soup, chicken broth, and dill to your slow cooker.
- 6cover and cook on low 3 to 4 hours or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- 7Turn off heat.
- 8Stir in half and half.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Chicken Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.1
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 66.4 mg
- Sodium 859.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 23.6 g