Instant Pot Chicken Chowder
photo by alenafoodphoto
- Ready In:
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups turkey broth
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen peas and carrots
- 1 -2 cup frozen corn
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons Frank's red hot sauce
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting.
- While the Instant Pot is heating, dice carrots, celery, and onion.
- Add olive oil to the hot pot and add diced vegetables.
- Saute vegetables until onion begins to soften. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add diced garlic and sauté until onion is clear.
- Add broth, frozen peas and carrots, and frozen corn.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper or seasoning of your choice.
- Add chicken breasts (fresh or frozen).
- Put the lid to the Instant Pot on and turn the vent to Sealing.
- Press the Soup button and walk away!
- During the last 10 minutes of cooking time, heat a pot over the stove.
- Melt butter, then add flour and whisk together.
- Allow the butter and flour to cook together for 1-2 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Whisk in the milk slowly to avoid lumps.
- Allow the mixture to come to just boiling to thicken.
- When the Instant Pot is done, do a Quick Release. Be careful not to burn yourself on the steam!
- Remove chicken breasts to a plate and dice or shred.
- Whisk milk mixture into the hot soup.
- Add chicken back into the soup.
- Add Franks Red Hot sauce to taste.
- Season to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!