Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Smooth and so yummy!!
Make and share this Creamy Tomato Crab Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground savory
- 1 -2 dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) cans lump crabmeat, rinsed,drained,and picked over
- sour cream
- chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium-size saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Saute onion and garlic until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt, and pepper; continue stirring and cooking until bubbly.
- Gradually add the cream, tomato juice, worcestershire sauce, savory, and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add in the crab; stir until heated through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper if needed.
- Ladle soup into individual serving bowls.
- Add a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.
This soup was wonderful. I made it once exactly as shown. Then, craving tomato soup I did not have any more crab. I left out the crab and blended two large roasted red peppers in the blender and added it in with the tomato juice. It was like a roasted red peper & tomato bisque. Great recipe, thank you.
This soup is very, very good if you like the tomato based crab soups. Only thing I do different is use actual King Crab legs and/or lobster meat if I want that too. This is my favorite recipe I've found on this site so far!! MMM.
This was good, but since I just got back from Hilton Head where I was served some fabulous she-crab soup (which is why I wanted to come back home and try to recreate that taste)I had something professional to compare this to. I used canned crab, but it just didn't have that authentic crab taste. Next time, I will try fresh shredded crab. Thank you for posting. Even though it wasn't what I expected, it was still hot, creamy and smooth. A good addition to our meal.