Smooth and so yummy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground savory
- 1 -2 dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) cans lump crabmeat, rinsed,drained,and picked over
- sour cream
- chopped fresh parsley
- 1In a medium-size saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- 2Saute onion and garlic until tender.
- 3Stir in flour, salt, and pepper; continue stirring and cooking until bubbly.
- 4Gradually add the cream, tomato juice, worcestershire sauce, savory, and hot pepper sauce.
- 5Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 6Add in the crab; stir until heated through.
- 7Season to taste with salt and pepper if needed.
- 8Ladle soup into individual serving bowls.
- 9Add a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Tomato Crab Soup
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.4
- Calories from Fat 374
- Total Fat 41.6 g
- Saturated Fat 25.5 g
- Cholesterol 181.5 mg
- Sodium 1464.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 25.6 g