Recipe by AnnieSoptera
This was one of those accidents that turned out quite well! You could substitute the Chicken drumsticks with cubed boneless breast/thighs if you're not a big fan of drumsticks
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 cup mushroom (canned or fresh)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 large lemon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large wok with lid (if you don't have one with a lid use a frying pan for the lid or even just use a large pot) add 2 tablespoons of Oil and fry chicken till slightly undercooked. While frying, add a teaspoon of cayenne pepper scattered on the chicken and the juice of half a lemon. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Remove Chicken, and add the rest of oil to the same wok. Sautee onions and garlic until soft.
- Add rice and stir till rice is lightly browned.
- Add the chicken broth and stir once in a while and bring to a boil.
- Add the Basil, rest of Cayenne Pepper and mushrooms. Stir in for 5 minutes.
- Put chicken drumsticks on top, stir if you have to, (i.e. if you used cubed boneless chicken breast instead) and cover and let simmer until rice is soft and chicken is cooked through.
- Add the rest of the lemon juice and parmesan to your liking and serve hot.