- 2 lbs russet potatoes
- 3⁄4-1 cup mayonnaise, not salad dressing (Hellman's is good)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, chopped fine
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot, boil the potatoes with just enough water to cover the potatoes.
- Cover the pot.
- Simmer until fork-tender; (don't over boil until mushy, just until the fork pierces the potato all the way through); drain.
- In a bowl, mash the potatoes; add in the mayo, Parmesan cheese, chopped onion, salt and pepper to taste;mix well until fluffy and creamy.
- Note: for garlic lovers, roasted garlic may be added to the mashed potatoes.