A Meal in One
This is an easy and quick recipe that my Grandmother makes often. It's a long time family favorite. She likes to clip recipes out of the local newspaper so that's probably where this came from. My children, ages 6 and 7, love this dish.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion or 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Boil macaroni in salted water. Drain.
- Brown ground beef with onion until fully cooked. Drain excess fat if necessary.
- Add chili powder, cooking a little longer, then add tomato sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, continuing to simmer.
- Stir in cooked macaroni and half of the cheese, mixing well.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle remaining cheese on top and cover so cheese will melt.