Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
From The Southern Living Cookbook
Make and share this Creamy Corn Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Add flour, sugar, and salt, stirring until smooth.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat, and stir in corn.
- Beat eggs well.
- Gradually stir about one-fourth of hot mixture into beaten eggs.
- Add eggs to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly.
- Pour into a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
But novice cooks should know that you must have everthing prepared before your begin! Mix the dry ingredients, beat the eggs, butter the cassarole, open the cans etc., because you can't stop stirring! It's nice to have a wooden spoon to stir also.
EXCELLENT flavor. This corn pudding is so creamy and would go great as a side to any meal. We thoroughly enjoyed this dish! Will repeat again. Prepared for the 2008 May Cancer Livestrong Event in the Photo Forum.
What a nice treat for a change. We all enjoyed it. The poor thing got off to a rough start as my oven quit about 10 minutes into the cooking time. It had cooled off to about 200 by the time I noticed it. In spite of this it turned out quite well. It was a bit moister than it likely would be with a more consistent cooking temperature. I found that it firmed up a bit as it cooled and it is a perfect sweetness. Thank you for sharing your recipe with me for Spring PAC 2008.