Recipe by carolinajewel
From The Southern Living Cookbook
Top Review by bradleybar
But novice cooks should know that you must have everthing prepared before your begin! Mix the dry ingredients, beat the eggs, butter the cassarole, open the cans etc., because you can't stop stirring! It's nice to have a wooden spoon to stir also.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (17 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 3 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Add flour, sugar, and salt, stirring until smooth.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat, and stir in corn.
- Beat eggs well.
- Gradually stir about one-fourth of hot mixture into beaten eggs.
- Add eggs to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly.
- Pour into a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.