Southwestern Corn Pudding
Addapted from Southern Living to be healthier. You can cook this in the oven if you like, 40 to 50 mins at 350. Great side with grilled meat, especially BBQ Chicken or Pork. I'm revising this for the size of pan needed.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 cups egg substitute
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 6 cups fresh corn kernels (about 12 ears)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canned diced green chiles
- 1 cup 2% cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Whisk together eggs, whipping cream, and butter in a large bowl. Gradually add sugar mixture, whisking until smooth; stir in corn, green chiles, and cheese. Pour mixture into lightly greased 9x13 casserole dish.
- Microwave on high about 10 to 15 minutes Stir every two minutes until mixture is set.
- *6 cups frozen whole kernel corn or canned shoepeg corn, drained, may be substituted.
- Note: If making 1/2 of recipe, use 8 x 8 dish.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation