Tee's Corn Pudding
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 6 cups corn
- Combine first 4 ingredients.
- Whisk together eggs, whipping cream and butter. Gradually add sugar mixture, whisking until smooth; stir in corn.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes or more until deep golden and set.
- Let pudding stand 5 minutes.
Join The Conversation
Nothing short of amazing. I made the error of cooking it a little longer because the center was a little jiggly. Forgetting that it keeps cooking when you remove it from the oven caused it to over cook but it was still amazing. I believe I will always make with fresh corn because the snap of fresh corn greatly enhances an already wonderful recipe.
I have been making this recipe from Southern Living for several years. It’s one of my go to comfort food dishes. I usually halve the recipe. I add about a 1/4 teaspoon of dried basil to the dry ingredients. Sometimes I use half and half or milk instead of whipping cream to lighten the dish up a bit. It’s delicious either way.