Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy Chicken Enchilada recipe.
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) jar salsa (divided)
- 48 ounces flour tortillas
- 3⁄4 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- In a saucepan, cook chicken, pepper, cream cheese and salsa until blended and cream cheese is melted.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll and place seam side down in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Melt velveeta and milk together in saucepan until smooth. Pour over tortillas and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Pour remaining salsa over the top. Let set for 5 minutes before serving.
I made these, but with red enchilada sauce instead of the velveeta. The combination of cream cheese and salsa was really fantastic!
Awesome enchiladas Queen Jelly Bean! The salsa and cream cheese gave the chicken such a unique flavor that my family loved. The velveeta cheese was a nice change from the cheddar that I normally use. Thanks, I will make these again! Made and reviewed for AUS/NZ Swap #14
Very nice change of pace for enchiladas in this house! I used shredded chicken that I had in the freezer & coupled that with a mild chunky salsa! Preparation was easy & the resulting dish very tasty! The cream cheese & Velveeta added a nice variation, too! Many thanks! [Made & revieved as a tagged bonus recipe from one of my invitees to AUS/NZ Recipe Swap #14, Mar 08]