Creamy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
photo by breezermom
- Ready In:
- 8 corn tortillas
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups chopped cooked white chicken meat, seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup mild green chili salsa
- 3 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 large green onions, finely chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 13x9" baking dish.
- Spread tortillas with cream cheese. Top each with some of the chicken, salsa and 3 cups Monterey Jack cheese. Roll tortillas up and arrange seam side down in prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Monterey Jack, Parmesan and Cheddar. Pour half and half over top. Cover loosely with foil and bake until heated through, 35-40 minutes.
- Top each enchilada with 1 tablespoons sour cream. Continue baking, uncovered for five minutes.
- Garnish with green onionn and tomato.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is delicious! I made this for Best of 2011 tag, and I'm so happy that I picked this recipe. It is very easy to make....the hardest part was grating all that cheese! Sending this recipe to my son who is off at college....I think he would enjoy this, plus its so easy to make. Thanks for posting your recipe!
Made these for a park-wide potluck & pretty much followed the recipe on down! However, with all the food that was there, just before serving I cut each into thirds for smaller portions! These very satisfying enchiladas, well-liked by those who chose 'em, & I managed to take home an empty serving dish! Thanks for posting your recipe! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag]
Delicious enchiladas! I used reduced fat cream cheese and homemade green chili salsa (made from Recipe #431984). I also only used about half of the cheese - just because I couldn't fit any more inside of the tortillas :) Loved the technique of sprinkling the cheese on top and then pouring the half-and-half over - it made a wonderful creamy sauce in the oven with no extra effort from me! Served with Recipe #450478. Thanks for sharing! PAC Spring '11