Quick and Easy Chicken Enchiladas
photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- 3 -4 chicken breasts
- 15 white corn tortillas (fajita size) or 15 flour tortillas (fajita size)
- 3 (10 ounce) cans green enchilada sauce (I use Old El Paso)
- 3 -4 cups grated monterey jack pepper cheese (or for less spice, use 1 cup pepper jack and 2 cups of cheddar, or a fiesta blend mexican cheese mix)
- Boil chicken until it falls apart, then shred.
- Mix 1/2 can of sauce and a little cheese with chicken.
- Put other 1/2 can on bottom of 11x9 baking dish.
- Microwave tortillas until soft.
- Roll chicken mixture into tortillas.
- Put in pan semi-tightly.
- Cover with remaining 2 cans sauce.
- Cover top with remaining cheese and bake at 350 until cheese is fully melted (usually about 20-25 min).
- Brown top slightly or to preference.
Questions & Replies
Do you think it would be possible to use a headliner with the title of the recipe, on the second page of the recipes? I print out the ones I want to do again and am finding my file is getting confusing because I don't know WHICH page two goes with WHICH page one each and every time. Thank you for considering this idea. YES, I've saved quite a few recipes and have subscribed to the magazine.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
First off: Thank you, thank you, thank you anonymous PM gifter!!! You are so wonderfully generous and I appreciate the gift so much!!!! I hope to repay you someday by paying it forward!!! Thank you!! *hugs* Note...somehow or another most of my info and all my banners and photos were deleted; not sure if I did something or not, but until I have time to re-do my page, this is what you're stuck with. :(