1/2 Photos of Creamy Artichoke Spinach & Crab Dip
Cooking Creation's Note:
This is one of my favorite dips to bring to a party and it's always a hit. It is delicious and creamy and has just the right amount of crab so it doesn't overpower the other ingredients. The tomato on top gives it a little extra burst of sweetness. Serve it with bread, chips, crackers, vegetables, etc., for dipping. You can make a lighter version of this by substituting the sour cream and mayonnaise with nonfat plain yogurt. For a vegetarian version, simply omit the crab.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups Italian cheese blend, shredded (or cheddar)
- 1 dash hot sauce, to taste
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat
- 1/2 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until they begin to soften. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the spinach and artichoke hearts. Add the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise, cooking and stirring until blended well.
- 3Turn the heat down to low. Add the shredded cheese and stir until just melted. Stir in the hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice. Gently stir in the crab. Taste the dip and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 4Pour the mixture into an 8 x 8 baking dish. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over all. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the top begins to brown.
- 5Allow the dip to cool for 5 minutes. Top with tomato, if desired.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Artichoke Spinach & Crab Dip
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.9
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 52.4 mg
- Sodium 264.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian cheese blend