Recipe by jakpak #353708
My mama used to make this for us for breakfast and dinner and I still love it today. You can adjust the recipe to your taste by adding more bacon or less onion, it is up to you.
- 1⁄2 lb approx. 8 strips bacon
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk (approx.)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the eggs in cold water with salt in a pan and boil approximately 15 minutes. Drain and put ice water in the pan so the eggs will be easier to peel.
- Peel the eggs and set aside.
- Fry the bacon until crispy and remove from the pan. Drain on paper towels.
- Add the chopped onion to the bacon grease and saute until transparent.
- Crumble the bacon and chop the eggs and add to the skillet with the onion.
- Add flour and stir until flour has browned a little bit.
- Add the milk and cook on medium until it thickens like gravy. You may need to add some water if it gets too thick. If it is too thin, make a thickening with 1 T. flour and a little bit of water and pour in to gravy and let thicken. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- You can either put this over toast or biscuits but we always just used toast.