Creamed Eggs on Toast
photo by DeliciousAsItLooks
- Ready In:
- Melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Whisk in flour.
- When bubbly, whisk in milk a little at a time.
- Add salt.
- Continue to whisk til thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and add chopped eggs.
- Toast and butter slices of bread.
- Lay slices on individual plates and spoon on Creamed Eggs.
My, oh my! This was a walk down memory lane. In all honesty, I had forgotten about this dish for probably 40 years. I did it for a quick, easy dinner tonight, and was everything I remember my mom cooking decades ago. This will remain on both my breakfast and dinner menues. Thanks so much for posting. I really don't think I would have ever encountered nor thoughht about a childhood fave had I not run acoss this today.
Much like many of you, this brought memories from my childhood. I did make one addition that we did when I was young. I spread deviled ham on the toast. It was funny because I didn't even know if the deviled ham was even made anymore, but sure enough I found it in our local supermarket. It added a little "bite" to the dish and was soooooo goooood!