A wonderful little cheesecake for a dessert buffet. It is incredibly easy to make and looks and tastes very impressive. I saw Paula Deen make them on FoodTV and I couldn't wait to try them myself. Use canned pie filling, fresh fruit or use your imagination!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place a paper cupcake liner in each cup (12 total) of muffin pan.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until fluffy. Add sugar and vanilla, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Place a vanilla wafer FLAT side down, in each muffin cup. Spoon cream cheese mixture over wafers filling each to about 1/4 inch from top of paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow tarts to cool completely before filling. When you remove the tarts from the oven, they will be puffed up, but as they cool, the center will sink, creating the perfect well to fill with a couple of spoonfuls of your favorite filling.
- Chill thoroughly before serving.