Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is made using dried fruit and is so good!
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter, diced
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, baked
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cover the dried cranberries with boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes and then drain.
- In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Gradually stir in the milk and eggs. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until the mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the sour cream, butter and cranberries; pour mixture into the baked pastry shell. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form, fold in the confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Swirl over top of the pie. Serve and enjoy!
I really, really like cranberries, so the one adjustment I made while preparing this pie was to use a very generous measure of these dried tart berries! This was a first for me, both in using only dried cranberries & in making it a cream pie, & we were very, very satisfied with the results! It's definitely something I want to make again (several times, at least) during the end-of-year holidays! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for the Cook-A-Thon for Sharon123 in Memory of her Husband]